Easy Sausage & Potato Casserole
A favourite budget but delicious casserole, courtesy of Potato Council.
- 8 premium pork sausages
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), sliced
- 1 medium green pepper (155g), diced
- 500g of medium new potatoes, halved
- 350g of fresh tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.63
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 561
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.5
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the potatoes and sausages for 5 minutes. Add the onion and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the sausages occasionally until browned.
- Add the pasta sauce to the pan with 1-2 tbsp of water, then cover and cook for 5 minutes before serving.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)