Simple Pasta Salad
Tasty pasta salad with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and red pepper.
- one-quarter of a 28g pack of fresh basil, leaves chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 red pepper, cubed
- one-third of a mozzarella ball, cubed
- 50g of value pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.19
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 370
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.9
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, mix together 1 tbsp oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the onion, garlic, red pepper and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are soft and the red pepper and tomato are tender.
- Mix together the pasta, tomato, mozzarella, red pepper, onion and basil. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the dressing.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)