Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs
Turkey meatballs in a rich tomato sauce tossed with spaghetti and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 250g of turkey mince
- 400g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 180g of value spaghetti
- 60g of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.10
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 882
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.5
- Print Recipe
- Place the turkey mince, breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, 1 tsp mixed herbs and half the onion in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into 2cm meatballs and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the garlic and remaining onion for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and 1 tsp mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir the meatballs into the tomato sauce and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through. Add a little extra water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss with the meatballs and tomato sauce. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)