Roasted Mediterranean Lasagne
Roasted aubergine, pepper and courgette layered with lasagne verdi and a creamy goat's cheese sauce. Served with a simple side salad.
- 1 medium aubergine, diced
- 2 medium red peppers (155g each), sliced
- 3 medium courgettes (approx 240g each), cut into 5mm thick slices
- 1 medium red onion (approx 185g), cut into eight wedges
- 70g of mixed salad leaves
- 100g of soft goat's cheese
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30g of plain white flour (2 tbsp)
- 40g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 lasagne verdi sheets
- 30g of butter (2 tbsp)
- 500ml of milk
- 90ml of olive oil (6 tbsp)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 70 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £2.47
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 829
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.8
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Mix the aubergine, courgette, red onion, peppers and garlic in a large roasting tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes, or until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, soften the lasagne sheets in a large pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rub the surfaces with 1 tbsp olive oil to stop them sticking, and set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute. Turn down the heat and add only as much milk as the mixture can absorb to make a slightly smoother paste. Work the paste into a smooth and glossy consistency before adding a little more milk. Repeat until the paste has a creamy consistency. Gradually stir in the remaining milk, turn up the heat and gently simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Stir in the goat's cheese and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer half the vegetables in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Spoon over one third of the cheese sauce and top with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat the process until all the vegetables, white sauce and lasagne sheets are used up, ending with a topping of white sauce. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- To make the salad dressing, mix together the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Toss the salad leaves and cherry tomatoes with the dressing and serve immediately with the lasagne.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)