Red Pepper & Courgette Stir-fry
Stir-fried red pepper, courgette, carrot and noodles in a chilli soy sauce.
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), thinly sliced
- 1 small courgette (approx 165g), thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot (approx 125g), thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion (approx 110g each), thinly sliced
- 100g of medium dried egg noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £0.93
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 296
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.2
- Print Recipe
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add the carrot, courgette, garlic and red pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the noodles, chilli powder and soy sauce to the pan and continue to stir-fry until piping hot. Add soy sauce to taste and serve.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)