A classic and easy to make vegetarian chilli.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- half a 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- half a 220g tin red kidney beans
- 1 medium tomato (approx 100g), chopped
- 3 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 60g of value long grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.06
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 461
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.4
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the tinned and fresh tomato, kidney beans, chilli powder and tomato puree Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, simply spoon the chilli over the cooked rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)