Chargrilled Tuna with Fresh Salsa Verde
Fresh tuna steak is a world apart from the tinned variety. This char-grilled tuna steak is served with a fresh salsa verde, a classic Italian herb based sauce, and boiled new potatoes.
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1/2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp anchovies, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £5.56
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 521
- 5-a-day per serving: 0
- Print Recipe
- For the salsa verde, mix together the parsley, garlic, capers, anchovies, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the new potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, toss with the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, rub a little oil onto each side of the tuna steak and season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle or frying pan and grill for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the tuna steak with the salsa verde and boiled new potatoes.
Tuna steak is like beef steak in that different people like it cooked to different degrees such as rare or well done. If you want it rare it is best to cook it from room temperature rather than straight from the fridge.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)