Chicken & Coconut Curry
A creamy chicken, coconut and tomato curry served over rice.
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), diced
- 1/2 medium onion (approx 185g each), coarsely chopped
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 2 large tomatoes (approx 115g each), coarsely chopped
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 120g of long grain rice
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £2.04
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 967
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.4
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the ground coriander, chilli powder and curry powder and cook for 1 minute, or until the aromas from the spices are released. Add the chicken and stir to coat in the spices.
- Add the coconut milk, diced potato and chopped tomatoes to the curry, bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes, or until the potato is tender and the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the rice according to the packet instructions to be ready at the same time as the curry.
- To serve, divide the rice between plates and spoon over the cooked curry.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)