Smoked Bacon Tartiflette
Creamy layers of potato, bacon and onion, topped with cheddar cheese and baked until golden and bubbling.
- 125g of value smoked back bacon, chopped
- 150ml of double cream
- 80g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 medium onion (approx 185g each), finely chopped
- 2 small baking potatoes (approx 250g each), peeled and cut into 0.5cm slices
- 100g of frozen peas
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £1.53
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 1110
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.6
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the bacon and fry for 5-6 minutes, or until crispy.
- Arrange half the potato in the bottom of a greased ovenproof dish and season with salt and pepper. Spoon in the cooked onion, garlic and bacon then cover with the remaining potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Pour the cream over the top of the tartiflette and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas according to the packet instructions to be ready at the same time as the tartiflette.
- Serve the tartiflette with the peas and enjoy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)