Grilled Vegetable Salad
Grilled vegetables with rocket leaves and a simple vinaigrette.
- 2/3 medium red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- one-third of a 70g bag of rocket leaves
- 1/2 small courgette, sliced lengthways
- 1/2 medium carrot (approx 125g each), peeled and sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.24
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 90
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Place the red onion, carrot, courgette and red pepper onto a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, sprinkle with the mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing, mix 1 tbsp oil with 1 tsp vinegar, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toss the rocket leaves and grilled vegetables with the dressing and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)