Chicken Tagine with Couscous
A mildly spiced chicken, courgette, tomato and red pepper tagine served over couscous.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 medium red pepper, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1/3 medium courgette, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 small tomato (approx 75g), coarsely chopped
- 1 value skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 75g of couscous
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.03
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 698
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and pepper cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the courgette, tomato, stock and mixed spices. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, simply spoon the chicken tagine over the cooked couscous.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)