Chicken & Mushroom Quesadillas
Fried tortillas with a chicken, mushroom and cheese filling, served with a simple side salad.
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 10 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 300g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 plain flour tortilla wraps
- 110g of watercress, spinach and rocket
- 1 half cucumber portion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.45
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 1040
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- To make the salad dressing, mix together 2 tbsp oil, the vinegar and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the filling, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and mix in the grated cheese.
- To make the quesadillas, spoon the filling evenly onto 4 tortillas and lay the remaining tortillas on top.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the frying pan and fry the quesadillas, one at a time, on both sides until the tortillas are golden and the cheese filling has melted.
- Toss the salad leaves and cucumber with the dressing. Cut the quesadillas into quarters and serve with the salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)