A simple version of this Middle Eastern dish, using couscous.
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a half cucumber portion, diced
- 75g of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tin black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 50g of couscous
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.06
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 296
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.2
- Print Recipe
- Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing together the oil, lemon juice, mixed herbs and garlic.
- Toss the couscous, olives, cucumber, tomato and onion together with the dressing. Season to taste with salt, pepper and extra lemon juice, if required.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)