Courgette, Pea & Mint Risotto
A simple yet delicious risotto with courgette and peas.
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely chopped
- 1 large courgette (approx 310g), diced
- 150g of frozen peas, thawed
- 80g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 300g of Arborio risotto rice
- 250ml of white wine (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1000ml vegetable stock, prepared according to packet instructions
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Price per person: £1.31
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 541
- 5-a-day per serving: 1
- Print Recipe
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the courgette for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the margarine/butter and 2 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the risotto rice (stirring well to coat the rice in the oil and butter) and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes slightly translucent.
- Add the wine, if using, and simmer until it has been fully absorbed. Add a ladle of stock and simmer, stirring, until it has been absorbed. Repeat, adding a ladle of stock at a time until the rice is tender but retains a slight bite and the liquid has been absorbed. If you run out of stock just add boiling water, a little at a time, until the rice is cooked. This will take 20-25 minutes.
- Stir the courgette and peas into the risotto and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and mint.
- Season the risotto to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)