A home-made turkey meatloaf served with peas, new potatoes and gravy.
- 250g of turkey mince
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), finely chopped
- 1 small carrot (approx 95g), finely grated
- 3 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 25g of breadcrumbs (3 tbsp)
- 100g of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 150ml gravy, made according to packet instructions
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 70 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £1.24
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 530
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.4
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Mix the onion, garlic, turkey mince, breadcrumbs, carrot, egg, ketchup and mixed herbs in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture into a lightly oiled loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until cooked through. (If you don't have a loaf tin, shape the mixture into a loaf shape, wrap in tinfoil, then transfer to a baking tray and cook as instructed.)
- Meanwhile, cook the new potatoes and peas to be ready at the same time as the meatloaf. Boil the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender. In a separate pan, cook the peas according to the packet instructions. Prepare the gravy according to the packet instructions.
- Cut the meatloaf into thick slices and serve with the new potatoes, peas and gravy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)