Chicken & Pepper Stir-fry
This recipe works in combination with: Bacon & Avocado Pasta Salad.
Chicken and yellow pepper stir-fry with a garlic and ginger sauce.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 1/2cm strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper (155g), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g of medium dried egg noodles
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 21/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.65
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 303
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- To make the marinade, mix together the soy sauce, garlic and ginger, add the chicken and set aside. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge if you have time.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Once the noodles are cooked, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked though. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to the pan (if necessary) and stir-fry the pepper and spring onion (reserving a little for garnish) for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add the cooked chicken and noodles and continue to stir-fry until piping hot. Remove from the heat, add extra soy sauce to taste and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)