Peppered Steak Stir-fry
This recipe features in these meal plans: Easy Dinners.
Beef strips stir-fried with green pepper, ginger, soy sauce and black pepper.
- 100g of braising steak, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper (140g), thinly sliced
- 60g of long grain rice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.04
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 457
- 5-a-day per serving: 2
- Print Recipe
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, black pepper and steak in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- About 5 minutes before the rice is cooked, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the steak strips and the marinade for 3-4 minutes. Add the green pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp water with the cornflour, stir into the stir-fry and fry until the sauce thickens. Serve the peppered steak stir-fry immediately on a bed of cooked rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)