Easy Pork Meatballs with Spaghetti
A porky take on classic spaghetti and meatballs.
- half a 227g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 value sausages
- 90g of spaghetti
- 1 x small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £0.59
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 786
- 5-a-day per serving: 1
- Print Recipe
- Separate the sausages and gently squeeze the meat out of the skins and shape into 2cm balls. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the sausage meatballs and fry for 5 minutes, stirring continuously until the meat is browned.
- Add the mixed herbs, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, and 3 tbsp of water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the meatballs and sauce simmer, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. To serve, simply spoon the cooked sauce over the drained spaghetti and top with the grated Parmesan.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)