A simplified version of this Spanish classic with chorizo, prawns, rice and peas.
- 100g of cooked and peeled prawns
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 30g of chorizo, sliced
- 60g of long grain rice
- 30g of frozen peas
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 300ml chicken stock, prepared according to the packet instruction
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.80
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 576
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.6
- Print Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and chorizo for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the paprika, rice and stock and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Top up with extra stock if necessary.
- Add the peas, lemon juice and prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)