Spicy Tomato & Sausage Pasta
Pasta tossed with a home-made spicy tomato and sausage sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese.
- 4 value sausages, sliced
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), chopped
- 400g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 150g of value pasta shapes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 11/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £0.53
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 759
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.5
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the sausage for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Add the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the spicy tomato and sausage sauce. Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)