Tomato & Basil Pasta
A quick pasta dish with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella.
- half a mozzarella ball, torn
- half a 28g pack of fresh basil, leaves stripped from stalk and torn
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion (approx 110g each), finely chopped
- 100g of value pasta shapes
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- a pinch of white caster sugar
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £0.78
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 333
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.1
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the red onion and garlic over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the cherry tomatoes, sugar, vinegar and mixed herbs. Turn up the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to break down.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the basil leaves and cooked onion and tomato mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the mozzarella.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)