This recipe features in these meal plans: Stateside Standards.
A fun potato dish mixed with mushrooms, bacon and a bubbling cheese topping.
- 3 closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 rashers of bacon, diced
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large new potatoes (approx 110g each)
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- pinch of paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £1.38
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 610
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.9
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cut the potatoes into quarters (lengthways). Use a small knife and carefully cut out the centre of each potato wedge, leaving 1/2 cm of flesh with the skin. Transfer the potato skins to a baking tray. Cut the potato flesh you removed from the skins into 2cm pieces and add to the baking tray. Drizzle on 1 tbsp oil and the dried mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper and cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in half of the cheese.
- Once the potato is cooked and crispy, remove from the oven and spoon the bacon and mushroom mix into the skins.
- Return the potato skins and potato pieces to the baking tray and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Cook in the oven for for 5 minutes or until the cheese is lightly brown and bubbling.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)