Loaded Mash with Bacon & Cheese
A simple and delicious winter warmer - grilled mashed potato loaded with crispy bacon and cheese.
- 1 medium baking potato (approx 320g), peeled and diced
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 rashers of bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £0.92
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 0
- 5-a-day per serving: 0
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Drain and mash the potatoes. Mix in the margarine/butter and milk and season to taste with salt. Once the mash is creamy, add half the grated cheese and half the bacon.
- Spoon this mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle on the remaining bacon and cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
For added texture, mash only half of the potatoes then return the rest to the saucepan when adding the cheese and bacon.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)