Beef & Bean Burritos
Tortillas stuffed with a mildly spiced beef mince and kidney bean filling and tomato, lettuce and cheese.
- 500g of minced beef
- 400g of tinned red kidney beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), sliced
- 2 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely chopped
- 120g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 plain flour tortilla wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 250ml beef stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed chillies
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.93
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 896
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the chilli powder and crushed chillies and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mince and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the tomato puree, kidney beans and beef stock and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortilla wraps according to the packet instructions. Spoon the burrito filling onto the tortillas and top with the sliced tomato, lettuce and cheese. Roll up the wraps and serve.
This dish is mildly spiced, add more chilli powder and crushed chillies if you prefer your food spicier.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)