A fresh Italian-style dish of springtime vegetables tossed with spaghetti.
- 1 small carrot (approx 95g), peeled and sliced
- 2 small tomatoes (approx 75g each), diced
- 4 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 50g of frozen peas
- 40g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 180g of spaghetti
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £0.93
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 581
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.4
- Print Recipe
- Heat the margarine/butter and 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the carrots and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic, tomato, peas, oregano and thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving 4 tbsp of cooking water.
- Toss the spaghetti, reserved cooking water, 1 tbsp oil and half the Parmesan cheese with the cooked vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately, topped with the remaining Parmesan.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)