A hearty and rustic Italian stew with pasta and beans.
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- half a 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- half a 220g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 1 small carrot (approx 95g), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 40g of value pasta shapes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £0.72
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 380
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.3
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the carrot, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and pasta. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally and topping up with a little extra stock if required. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)