Black Bean Stir-Fry
Mushrooms, peppers and cabbage stir-fried in a black bean sauce.
- 250g of chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small red pepper (140g), thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper (140g), thinly sliced
- 1/2 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 195g jar of black bean sauce
- 300g of medium dried egg noodles
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- soy sauce, to taste (optional)
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.59
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 417
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat and fry the spring onions,crushed chillies, mushrooms, red and green pepper and cabbage for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the black bean sauce and cooked noodles and heat until piping hot. Serve with the soy sauce to taste.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)