This recipe works in combination with: Vegetarian Kedgeree.
Pasta with a simple and spicy tomato sauce.
- 1/2 small onion (approx 110g each), chopped
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 50g of value pasta shapes
- 1/4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £0.70
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 243
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.8
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the tinned tomatoes, chilli powder and mixed herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, toss the cooked pasta with the arrabbiata sauce and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)