Chicken & Watercress Pesto Linguine
This recipe features in these meal plans: Home-made Treats.
Linguine tossed with home-made watercress pesto, chicken and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 1cm strips
- 75g of watercress
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 180g of linguine pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 60g of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £3.26
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 1256
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- To make the pesto, place the watercress and garlic in a food processor or mortar and pestle and blend until it becomes a thick paste. Gradually add in 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp Parmesan and the lemon juice and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 5-6 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the cooked chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and watercress pesto. Divide between plates, top with the remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)