A Spanish-style paella with red pepper and mushroom.
- 1/2 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 40g of long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £1.03
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 275
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.4
- Print Recipe
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the mushrooms and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the rice and pour in the stock. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top up with extra stock if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in another frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil and fry the red pepper for 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the peas and lemon juice to the rice and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)