A rustic Italian stew with pasta, cannellini beans, carrot and tomatoes.
- 410g of tinned cannellini beans, drained
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), chopped
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot (approx 125g), coarsely chopped
- 80g of penne pasta quills
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £0.82
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 393
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the carrot and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, thyme, rosemary and oregano. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans and pasta. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally and topping up with a little extra water if required. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)