Pan-Seared Salmon with Creamed Peas
A quick and easy lunch with great flavours. Pan-seared salmon on a bed of creamed peas.
- 45ml of single cream
- 1 salmon fillet
- 50g of frozen peas
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- lemon juice (optional)
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £2.35
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 365
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.6
- Print Recipe
- Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the peas and return to the saucepan with the margarine/butter and garlic. Fry for 1-2 minutes, add the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the creamed peas onto a plate and top with the salmon. Add lemon juice to taste.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)