Beef Chilli Pasta Bake
Pasta baked in a beef, kidney bean and tomato chilli sauce, topped with melted cheese.
- 1 large onion (approx 210g), finely chopped
- 500g of minced beef
- 400g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g of tinned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 240g of penne pasta quills
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 300ml beef stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £1.61
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 750
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.6
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and fry the beef mince for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and cook the onion and garlic over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the chilli powder, cumin and cayenne pepper and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the browned mince to the pan and stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Spoon the meat sauce and pasta into a large baking dish and mix together. Sprinkle on the cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and golden brown.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)