Spinach & Feta Cannelloni
Spinach and Feta wrapped in pasta sheets, topped with a rich tomato sauce and grated Parmesan.
- 100g of feta cheese, crumbled
- 200g of spinach leaves
- 2/3 large onion (approx 210g each), finely chopped
- 400g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 4 lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £1.50
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 467
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.3
- Print Recipe
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the tinned tomatoes and mixed herbs and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce develops a smoother consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagne sheets in boiling water for 10 minutes, or until flexible enough to be able to wrap them around the spinach and feta mixture. Drain the pasta and when cool, cut each sheet in half.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 tbsp water to the boil in a large pan and add the spinach leaves. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted. Mix in the feta, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the spinach and feta filling to the sides of each half-lasagne sheet and roll up. Arrange the cannelloni rolls in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the cannelloni and sprinkle on the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)