Apricot & Pistachio Tartlets
Individual filo pastry tarts filled with an apricot and pistachio custard and served with vanilla ice cream.
- 90g of pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
- 150ml of single cream
- 270g of filo pastry sheets
- 150g of dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1000ml of premium vanilla ice cream
- 2 free range medium eggs
- 50g of butter
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 150ml of milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Serves: 8
- Course: Dessert
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £1.39
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 679
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.9
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Cut each filo pastry sheet into four equal pieces. Melt the butter in a small pan and mix in the cinnamon.
- Lay a piece of filo pastry into each tartlet tin with the excess hanging over the edges and brush with the cinnamon butter and repeat until the filo pastry has been used up. Overlap the pastry squares to give irregular and frilly edges.
- Divide the apricots and two thirds of the pistachios between the tarts. Beat together the cream, milk, eggs and honey and pour over the apricots and pistachios.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the custard is set and the pastry is golden.
- Sprinkle the individual tarts with the remaining pistachios, dust with icing sugar and serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
You will need individual non-stick tartlet tins or a tartlet tray for this recipe.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)