A ciabatta bread pizza topped with mozzarella, tomato, and grilled Mediterranean vegetables.
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small courgette, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), deseeded and chopped
- 2/3 ciabatta loaf
- 1 premium mozzarella ball, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £3.53
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 1131
- 5-a-day per serving: 4.3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Slice half the onion and place it on a baking tray with the red pepper and courgette. Drizzle on 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning frequently, until the courgette is cooked and the pepper is slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the remaining onion. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and half the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, tomato puree, 1 tbsp water and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cut the ciabatta in half lengthways and then cut one third off each half and set aside for the garlic bread. Prepare the garlic butter by mixing the remaining garlic with the butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and spread over the small piece of ciabatta.
- Lightly toast the larger portion of ciabatta and then evenly spread over the tomato sauce. Add the roasted vegetables and scatter the shredded mozzarella over the top.
- Lay the pizza and garlic bread onto a baking tray and grill until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)