Grilled Red Pepper and Feta Salad
Mediterranean salad with grilled vegetables and feta cheese.
- one-quarter of a 28g pack of fesh basil, leaves chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced
- 75g of cherry tomatoes, deseeded and sliced
- 2/3 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.95
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 331
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.5
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Place the onion, tomato and pepper on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until the pepper is beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing together the oil, vinegar and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the feta and basil with the grilled vegetables and pour on the dressing.
If taking this as a packed lunch, store the dressing in a separate container and add it to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)