Warm Chicken & Goat's Cheese Salad
A simple and delicious grilled chicken salad with goat's cheese, cherry tomatoes and red onion.
- 50g goat's cheese, cut into 2 or 3 slices
- 1/4 medium red onion, quartered
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 little gem lettuce, leaves roughly torn
- 2/3 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.91
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 499
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.5
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the chicken, tomato and onion on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, to make the vinaigrette, mix 1 tbsp oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken and vegetables are done, grill the goat's cheese for 1-2 minutes, or until the top is toasted.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing and serve immediately with the grilled chicken, tomato, onion and goat's cheese.
Tear the leaves off the baby gem lettuce instead of cutting the lettuce so that it will keep fresh for longer.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)