Beurre Noisette Salmon Spaghetti
Spaghetti tossed with a classic Beurre Noisette sauce and served with pan fried salmon and a side of broccoli.
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 medium head of broccoli (approx 300g each), cut into florets
- 1 salmon fillet
- 90g of premium spaghetti
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £3.05
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 752
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.9
- Print Recipe
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- For the beurre noisette, gently melt the butter in the pan over a medium heat and continue cooking until it starts to foam. Watch carefully as the colour darkens and a nutty aroma develops then add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Toss the spaghetti with half of the beurre noisette and serve immediately topped with the salmon fillet. Spoon over the remaining beurre noisette and serve with the cooked broccoli.
Beurre Noisette is a classic French sauce for fish consisting of butter cooked until a nutty flavour and colour develops. The cooking process is stopped with the addition of lemon juice to stop it burning.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)