Steak Pie with Mash & Grilled Tomato
This recipe features in these meal plans: Cheat's Eats.
Steak pie and creamy mashed potatoes with juicy grilled tomatoes and gravy.
- 1 steak pie
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, halved
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp margarine/butter
- 75ml gravy, made up from gravy granules
- 1/4 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Oven temp: 180c
- Price per person: £1.34
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 703
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.4
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven and the grill. Cook the steak pie according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the potato and mash with the mustard, milk and margarine/butter until smooth and creamy. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the tomato halves with the oil, season with salt and pepper and grill face down for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and grill for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the pie, mash and grilled tomatoes on a plate with the gravy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)