Feta & Pepper Frittata
Italian-style omelette with Feta, red pepper and potato served with a side of peas.
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g of feta cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- 4 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), sliced
- 1/3 large onion (approx 210g each), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 150g of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £1.77
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 489
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.2
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the pepper cubes on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the skin begins to char.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in the potatoes, pepper cubes and feta. Pour in the beaten eggs, making sure the other ingredients are covered. Season with salt and pepper. Stir the egg mixture to break it up a little as it begins to cook. Cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, or until the edge of the frittata begins to set.
- Place the frittata pan under the grill for 4-5 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and the top is golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the feta and pepper frittata with the peas.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)