Baked Sausage & Sweet Potato
Baked sausages, red onion and sweet potatoes served with peas. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin A & C and peas are a good source of fibre.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (approx 400g each), peeled and cut into 1/2cm thick slices
- 8 reduced fat/lean sausages
- 1 large red onion (approx 210g), cut into wedges
- 200g of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 200ml gravy, made up from gravy granules (optional)
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Oven temp: 220c
- Price per person: £1.21
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 656
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Parboil the sweet potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the sausages and carefully cut each into 4 pieces.
- Place the sausages, sweet potato, garlic and onion in a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, sprinkle over the mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Cook the peas according to the packet instructions so that they are done around the same time as the sausage bake.
- Serve the sausage and sweet potato bake with the peas and pour over the gravy, if using.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)