Tomato & Goats Cheese Omelette
A delicious cheese and tomato omelette with a simple salad.
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- one-third of a 70g bag of rocket leaves
- 50g of goat's cheese, chopped
- 1 small tomato (approx 75g)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp margarine/butter
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.82
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 413
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.2
- Print Recipe
- To make the dressing, mix together 1 tbsp oil with the vinegar, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper. Finely chop half of the tomato.
- Heat the margarine/butter in a frying pan. Pour in the eggs and stir gently to even out the mixture. As the egg starts to cook, draw the edges into the centre with a fork or spatula so the uncooked egg runs underneath.
- Add the red onion, chopped tomato and goats cheese to one side of the omelette. Cook for another minute, or until the egg mixture is completely cooked, then fold the omelette in half over the filling. Slide onto a plate.
- Slice the remaining half of the tomato and toss with the rocket leaves and the dressing. Serve the tomato and rocket salad with the cooked omelette.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)