Chicken, pepper, onion, broccoli and noodles stir-fried with a soy, garlic and ginger sauce.
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 1/2 cm strips
- 1/3 large onion (approx 210g each), sliced
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli (approx 200g), cut into florets
- two-thirds of a bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 100g of medium dried egg noodles
- 11/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £2.03
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 351
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- To make the marinade, mix together the soy sauce, garlic and ginger, add the chicken and set aside. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge if you have time.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry the chicken and marinade for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to the pan (if necessary) and fry the onion, spring onions, pepper and broccoli for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft and the pepper and broccoli are tender. Add the cooked chicken and noodles and continue to stir-fry until piping hot. Remove from the heat, add extra soy sauce to taste and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)