Gnocchi Pasta Grill
Ready-made gnocchi pasta grilled in a tomato sauce and topped with Parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), chopped
- 500g of fresh gnocchi pasta
- 400g of tinned chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 40g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £0.93
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 396
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in lightly salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix together the gnocchi and tomato sauce and spoon into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and cheddar cheese and grill for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)