This recipe works in combination with: Lasagne.
Italian-style omelette with courgette and red pepper and served with a simple side salad.
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 large tomato (approx 115g)
- 1 small courgette (approx 165g), thickly sliced
- 1 small red pepper (140g)
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), halved and thinly sliced
- 75g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 of a half cucumber portion, sliced
- 90ml of milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Price per person: £1.99
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 727
- 5-a-day per serving: 4
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the courgette and red pepper on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to char.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, cheese and mixed herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the courgette and red pepper, then pour in the beaten egg mixture, making sure the other ingredients are covered. Stir the egg mixture to break it up a little as it begins to cook. Cook for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat, or until the edge of the frittata begins to set.
- Place the frittata pan under the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and the top is golden.
- To make a vinaigrette for the salad, mix together the vinegar and 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes with the dressing and serve immediately with the frittata.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)