Chicken, Stilton & Walnut Pasta
Pasta tossed with Stilton cheese, chicken, walnuts and broccoli.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g of walnuts pieces, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium head of broccoli (approx 300g), cut into florets
- 200g of Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g of value pasta shapes
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 4
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.81
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 795
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.9
- Print Recipe
- To make the salad dressing, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice and 3 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and dry-fry the walnuts for 1 minute, or until lightly toasted. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and reserve 4 tbsp cooking water. Return the pasta, reserved water and broccoli to the heat in the saucepan and add the walnuts, blue cheese and dressing. Stir for 30 seconds, or until the cheese begins to melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)