Potato Fritters with a Green Bean & Feta Salad
Potato, carrot and onion fritters with a green bean, tomato and feta salad.
- 200g of fine trimmed green beans, trimmed
- 200g of feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely sliced
- 2 medium baking potatoes (approx 320g each), peeled and grated
- 2 medium carrots (approx 125g each), peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion (approx 110g), finely chopped
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 tbsp value plain white flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £1.49
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 763
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.5
- Print Recipe
- Chop the tomatoes and set aside in a bowl. Use a clean tea-towel or cloth to squeeze the moisture out of the grated potato and carrot. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow any remaining moisture to drain.
- Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Run the beans under cold water until cool. Drain and set aside.
- Next make the dressing. Mix together 3 tbsp oil and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Check the chopped tomatoes and drain off any liquid which has collected at the bottom of the bowl.
- To make the fritters, squeeze the grated potato and carrot once more to remove any remaining moisture. Mix the carrot, potato, white onion, eggs, flour and half the feta in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and flatten each into round fritters.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the fritters in batches for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss the red onion, green beans and chopped tomato and remaining feta with the dressing.
- Divide the fritters between plates and serve with the green bean and feta salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)