Baked Bean & Leek Hash
A tasty and filling baked bean and leek hash topped with fried eggs.
- 2 medium baking potatoes (approx 320g each), diced
- 1 large leek (approx 310g), finely chopped
- 220g of baked beans
- 60g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £1.52
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 682
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.9
- Print Recipe
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the leek for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in the potatoes, beans and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, only stirring every 3-4 minutes to allow the underside to brown and crisp a little each time. Continue to cook until the hash is evenly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate frying pan and fry the eggs over a high heat until the white is cooked and the yolk is just set, or cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the hash evenly between the plates and top each with a fried egg.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)