Grilled Beef & Beetroot Salad
Grilled lean beef in a salad featuring lower-calorie beetroot, grilled pepper, wild rocket leaves in a lemon dressing.
- 250g of cooked fresh beetroot, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow pepper (155g), sliced
- 70g of wild rocket leaves
- 200g of beef sirloin steaks, excess fat removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £3.07
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 602
- 5-a-day per serving: 3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until the pepper begins to char. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Season the rump steak with salt and pepper, sprinkle over the mixed herbs, and then grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes and then cut into strips.
- To make the salad dressing, mix together the lemon juice, honey, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the steak strips, beetroot, grilled pepper and rocket leaves with the dressing and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)